- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups water
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 cups basil leaves
- 1 cup flat leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 medium sized cucumber
- 1 pint cherry and/or grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
1. Combine quinoa and water in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer until water is absorbed, about 15 minutes. Let cool and fluff with a fork.
2. With a food processor running, drop in garlic to chop. Add basil and parsley and pulse to chop. ( just chop not puree like pesto) With machine running, drizzle in oil and lemon juice and process to form a coarse puree.
3. Transfer dressing to a large bowl and season with salt and pepper. Fold in quinoa, cucumber, tomatoes, scallions and chicken.
You can substitute the quinoa for couscous or even rice if wanted. Also, this recipe is not all mine. I took the best parts of Tabbouleh recipes I found over the years to create my own Frankenstein child.